Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Shabby Chic T-Shirt

For some reason, when ever I get sick I get very inspired in all things creative! Sickness cranks up my creative juices, I guess. :P 


While I was sick in bed I was glancing through the magazine Belle Armoire, a delightful and inspiring magazine. I stumbled across an article by Bonzie that I had forgotten about, on taking plain t-shirts or tanks and changing them into something more creative. :)

A picture from the article by Bonzie.

Today I was feeling much better, and I have three old shirts were the sleeves had shrunk on me. So I decided to give the article a try. Here is my result. All I need was a little rick-rack, bias-tape, a fabric flower, a button, some ruffles and I have a one-of-a-kind t-shirt. Hurray!

My shirt started out as a regular turtleneck. As you can see above.

Step 1. Cut off the turtleneck part.


Step 2. Do what ever you want with the sleeves. I cut my sleeves a couple inches above my elbow.

Step 3. Do what ever you want to the neckline. I made mine into a v-neck, and added bias-tape around the neckline.
 

Step 4. Embellish in any way you want!  I added some ruffles, a flower, rick-rack from London, and a button. :D

The Finished Result


 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion