Celebrity Photos Fashion

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jean Skirt - Simplicity 7111 (1975)

I decided that I would do a pattern review of the jean skirt I wore in my last "What I'm Wearing" post. I didn't plan on making this jean skirt, it only came about as I had enough left over fabric from my jeans. With AmandaBeth's Maid Marian Wardrobe event coming up, I though I would copy one of Marian's skirts in the BBC TV show Robin Hood for the big event.

::The Inspiration::

 

::My skirt::


::The Pattern::



Pattern: Simplicity 7111 c. 1975
Pattern Description: Misses skirt .

Pattern Sizing: My pattern was a size 14. The pattern is suppose to rest on your waist, but as mine is a little too big mine rests on my hips. So you can go a little bigger on the pattern size.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. I had no problems what so ever.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love this pattern, super cute and stylish!

Fabric Used: A nice denim from Joann's. (It's the same as my Old Hollywood jeans.)

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Nope.

Would you sew it again? Yes!

Would you recommend it to others? Sure would, though I would warn that the skirt flaps open as it is a wrap skirt. I solved this problem by using a safety pin, I would eventually like to replace this with clasps, just like Marian's. 


Where you can buy this pattern: I found size Size 10 and Size 8 online for sale for those interested in buying the pattern.


________________________________

As a side note, this is Bramblewood Fashion's 100th post! How exciting is that! And we've only been blogging for 6 months.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion