Celebrity Photos Fashion

Sunday, June 6, 2010

1910-1919 Sewing Challenge - Edith Skirt

I made this skirt for two reasons. First, to sell on etsy. Second, to submit in A Lemon Squeezy Home's Sew Through The Decades challenge. During this challenge you try to sew something from a different decade each week (this week is 1910-1919). I'm hoping to sew something from every era. The challenge covers from 1900 to 2010. Let's see if I can do it. =)

::Inspiration::


When I think of the 1910's layered skirts come to mind, as do hobble skirts. =) As this is what first came to my mind, I decided to draft a modern version of the 1910's skirts. Which you don't need to hobble in.  ;-)

::My Version::




Pattern: Drafted by me.  

Pattern Description: Ladies skirt inspired from 1910-1919 skirts.

Pattern Sizing: I made it in a size 10 (28" Waist 38 1/2" Hips).

Fabric Used: The polka-dot fabric is from Joann Fabrics. While the rose print fabric is from Hancock Fabrics. 

Would you sew it again? Yes! I love the style and it was easy to sew. Plus it has a elastic waist, which means no zipper.


~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion