Celebrity Photos Fashion

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Modern Maid Marian - Take One



Today I put together a Modern Maid Marian outfit for me to wear. I combined Marian's love of Sherwood Forest and Robin Hood, with her life in the castle which is more feminine.


What I'm Wearing:

 Cream Ruffle Tank-top - Gap
White long-sleeve T-shirt - Gap
Moleskin Vest - Made by me for this event
Green Pendent Necklace - 1928 Jewelry Kohls
Jeans - St. Johns Bay JCPenny
Black Boots with buckles - Bass




  I believe the ruffles and necklace show Marian's feminine side. While the vest and boots remind us of her more rustic, Sherwood Forest side.

               __________________________________________________________________


Simplicity 2556 - Maid Marian Vest



For my vest seen above, I used view A, the middle and right picture on the cover. Except for my version, I didn't add the lining. Shh! Don't tell anyone. Instead, I used the serger to finish the insides, so it won't fray.

I used brown moleskin for the vest, which works great! This is the same fabric I used for my Nightwatchman mask.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion