Celebrity Photos Fashion

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Peasant Disguise" - Maid Marian Inspired Dress



Inspired by Maid Marian's "peasant disguise" in Robin Hood BBC. I set off to recreate this dress for the Maid Mariain Fashion weekend, but was unable to finish in time.

::Inspiration:::


::My Version::

 


::Pattern::



Pattern Description: MISSES’ DRESS IN TWO LENGTHS: Princess seamed dress has back ties on all views and patch pockets on view B.

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 10 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Nope, as I made changes to the design.

Were the instructions easy to follow? So easy I didn't use them. :P

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The pattern is baggy and doesn't look right. But, with my design changes it looks fine.

Fabric Used: Calico from Jo-Anns.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: YES! I shortened the longest length, it was easier then lengthen the pattern. Changed the length of the sleeves, and added ruffles to the sleeves and neckline. I also added lacing to the side.

Would you sew it again? Have no need to.

Would you recommend it to others? Only if they wanted to copy Maid Marian's dress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion