Celebrity Photos Fashion

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Old Hollywood Inspired Jeans

I struggle with finding jeans that fit and are not too tight, nor too loose. I had told myself several times that I should try sewing my own jeans, but got scared! :p Then a couple weeks ago, I decided that I wasn't going to be afraid anymore.

I knew that I wanted jeans that had a Old Hollywood feel to them. Like my inspiration below: 

Ginger Rogers Hollywood Pattern

Off to Jo-Ann's I went looking for the perfect pattern, or at least one I could adapt. And lo, and behold, I found the perfect one! With no adaption, Simplicity 3686 would work like a charm for my brand new jeans, which would have that Old Hollywood feel.



                               Pattern Description: Misses pants with slim & wide leg.

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 10 (used it as is)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? When I was doing the mock-up I ran into trouble! I COULD NOT sew the pant legs correctly! It took five tries and a week before I got it right! But, once I was working with the jean it went together like a dream!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love this pattern, super cute and stylish! It has that 1930s/1940s Old Hollywood feel to it!

Fabric Used: A nice denim from Joann's.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Nope. Next time I would shorten the length just a tad, as the legs are a little long. :-)

Would you sew it again? Yes!

Would you recommend it to others? Sure, they are so cute!


 

 

 ____________________________________________________

::Sneak Peak::

Here's a sneak peak to my Maid Marian inspired dress!


Can you guess which one I copied? :-)

~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion