Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ruffle Your T-Shirt


I've been pondering what to do for the Ruffle Your Stuff (and win) contest, and couldn't come up with something that was me. Then this weekend while I was browsing through some of my favorite sewing magazines, inspiration struck!  "Why not add a ruffle to one of my white tee shirts?" Mind you this was late at night, I pulled out my notions and some fabric scraps that caught my eye and piled them on top of the kitchen table.  I placed this and not on top of a shirt I had, trying to find something that caught my breath. Then this rose colored scrap grabbed me. I picked up my scissors and just started cutting. During this whole project I didn't pick up my measuring tape or ruler - I just used guess work. Thankfully it turned out. =)


Above is a before shot of the tee shirt. Besides adding a ruffle I changed the neckline as you can see above and below.  For referenced the neckline use to come up close to my neck and now it is much lower. In fact, I cut it a little too low for my taste so I just wear a tank underneath.   


I also added ruffles to another shirt this weekend. I'll see if I can get pictures soon. =)

~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion