Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Book Sale Findings

This past Friday was a library book sale. Now I for one LOVE book sales! How about you? And I want to share with all of you the treasures I found.


1. Santa Fe Trail VHS - I was so excited to pick up a copy of Santa Fe Trail as I've only been able to see the movie through internet archive. It has Errol Flynn (look they spelled his name wrong on the case), Ronald Reagan, and Olivia de Havilland. This is definitely one of my favorite Errol Flynn movies - I think it is because Ronald Reagan is in it. =)

2. Baedeker's Paris and it's Environs by Karl Baedeker (1907) - After doing some research it seams like this little book is worth some money. Interesting. I picked up the book because it had floor plans of buildings and places in and around Paris. Also because it was old, looked interesting, and provides a peak to the past.


3. Lady of the Lake by Sir Walter Scott (1892) 



4. Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott (????) - My mom is reading this aloud for school right now. I thought I would pick up my own copy to read and own. My siblings say it is a wonderful book!



5. The Scottish Chiefs (Early turn-of-the-centry 1900s) - Just one of those books I've wanted to read for awhile now. I can't remember what it is about. I'm thinking it takes place around the King Robert the Bruce & William Wallace era. 



6. Northhanger Abbey by: Jane Austen (1988) - I now own all of Jane Austen's novels - except for her short ones. Hurray! 



7. How to Design Your Own Dress Patterns by: Adele P. Margolis (1959) - This looks like an amazing book on drafting patterns. Plus the designs are for late 1950s, instead of the modern designs that are in my other pattern making books. 



8. History of Costume by: Blanche Payne (1965) - I have the reprinted version of this book and let me say, the original is so much better! Why? It covers more AND has some scaled patterns in the back of the book. This book is/has been one of the textbooks colleges use for the history of fashion.




~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion