Celebrity Photos Fashion

Friday, December 10, 2010

What I'm Wearing - 1940s Swing Dress





- What I'm Wearing - 

Navy Blue with White Polka-dots Swing Dress - Made by me {I used the Sense & Sensibility pattern}
Pink Cardigan - Old Navy
White Tights - JCPenny
Black Pumps - Famous Footwear
Vintage looking pearl Earrings - Claire's
Flower Hair Clip - My etsy shop (here is one like mine)

Last night on a whim I decided that I would curl my hair in a 40s style. Which is why we have a third "What I'm Wearing" post for this week. When I took my hair out of the curlers (the foam ones) I tried doing a Bettie Page bang, two victory rolls on the side, and my hair rolled up in the back. But that looked very 50s on me and the victory rolls didn't turn out so well. So I just brushed my hair out and clipped a flower on the side. Eventually I want to be able to do the victory rolls. Guess I'll have to keep practicing. :) For as you know, practice makes perfect. 

As some of you know, tonight is campout/movie night at my house. This evening my two of my sisters and I are planning on watching some Judy Garland & Mickey Rooney films. Like Girl Crazy, Thoroughbreads Don't Cry, and/or Babes on Broadway. 

If you haven't already, don't forget to enter our current giveaway

~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion