Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

McCall's Fall Collection

McCall's patterns are slowly becoming a favorite of mine, after Simplicity and their Project Runway Collection. I have gathered together some of my favorite new patterns that have come out for their Fall Collection.

I just have one thing to say before I show my favorites. I wouldn't wear most of these designs with out making some little adjustment for modesty's sake. That said let's see the collection!

Dresses:

Pull-on knit dresses are comfy to wear when you just want to stay at home and curl up with a good book to read. For modesty I would length this pattern several inches, well maybe more then several as the pattern says the dresses are 4" above mid-knee.

The classic sheath dress that is perfect for just about every event. Add either some statement jewelry or a fashion scarf. Maybe a belt for a little waist definition. Or wear it plain if it is make up in the right fabric.


Tops:

A pretty feminine blouse. Wouldn't this look great if you added some pin tucks and lace? Oh, the possibilities with this pattern! Of course, you could always take this pattern to the summer by adding short sleeves.

A pullover tunic, that would probably look best over pants. Though, some tunics look great over skirts, you just have to be very careful on the style of skirt you wear with a tunic. As you could end up with an unflattering look.


Skirts:

I really like view B! It reminds of some skirts I saw in my 1940s and 50s sewing books. This skirt would give one that vintage/modern feel. As fashion repeats its self - just like history.

Jackets:

Once again another piece with that vintage feel. I really like this jacket - its so, let me think, 1940s maybe early 1950s! I need to go study my fashion history. ;-)

What do you like from McCall's Fall Collection? Take a look at the collection yourself, just click on the picture.



Next week I'll feature another pattern company's Fall Collection.

~Ashley

P.S. All of the pictures are click-able.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion