Celebrity Photos Fashion

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shabby Apple's Dare to Design Contest - 1960s inspired dress

I was so excited that Shabby Apple was doing their Dare to Design contest again this year! I didn't have a chance last year, so I'm excited to join in the fun this year.

My dress design for Shabby Apple dresses is inspired by the early 1960s. It features a full pleated skirt {which falls just-below-the-knee}, cummerbund around the waist, slight scoop neckline, invisible zipper up the back, and short cap sleeves.


I think this dress would look lovely made up in light teal cotton with the cummerbund made up in a polka-dotted fabric of the same color. Or, in red cotton with a white and red polka-dot cummerbund. Then again, blue cotton with a blue and white polka-dot cummerbund would look charming.  Of course, any spring time color would be great for this amazing dress!


~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion