Celebrity Photos Fashion

Monday, September 20, 2010

Latest Sewing Project - Purse/Bag

Purse/Bag 1


Sunday evening I created this purse/bag. I used a pattern that Gabrielle drafted for the bag part. And just cut pieces out for the inside pocket, handle, and the tabs that handle connects too. 


Close-Up.


The fabric is from Joann Fabrics. While the button is vintage, made in Holland, and back in it's day cost 13 cents for three buttons on a card. Don't you wish that buttons still host this much? I know I do. I find that it is cheaper for me to buy vintage buttons, rather then modern buttons. How odd, but nice.  


The handles


I still have fabric left over. So, I'm thinking of making one for our etsy shop. This bag is wonderful and holds spiral notebooks, sketchpads, books, and what-not. It evens has one handy pocket for your cell-phone. Hurray! No fishing for your phone when you need it! Hint, hint. ;-) 


Pocket inside purse.

I'm thinking this purse will be my staple at conferences. Like the up-coming SAICFF.

~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion