Celebrity Photos Fashion

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sisters at a Masquerade!

I'm sorry this post is late. Thankfully, Amanda, has the linky open until Saturday.

Well guess what?!?! I was able to get Gabrielle, Hanne-col, and my youngest sister Abigail to join me in Amanda's Online Masquerade event! =) Now, I will warn you none of us are wearing masks. We will be "attending" the masquerade mask less. ;-)


1. Hanne-col (Jo March) 2. Abigail (She told me to write, "Costume inspired from the Captain Kidd movie.") 3. Ashley {me} (Maid Marian) 4. Gabrielle (Marianne Dashwood)


Hanne-col {Jo March}

For her costume Hanne-col borrowed everything, but the apron from me (Ashley). The apron she borrowed from Gabrielle. Doesn't she look nice in a 1860s dress? I think the era suits her very well.  

The dress was made for my 18th birthday party. My theme was not Little Woman, but come as a book character you are most like. You can see me wearing my dress here. I used an out of print simplicity pattern for the dress - don't remember pattern number right now and I can't find it online. I made two changes to the pattern. First, reduced the size of the sleeves (I didn't have enough fabric). Second, I didn't use the pattern pieces for the skirt portion. =) 


Abigail {Inspired from Captain Kidd (1945)}

As you can see, Abigail is more of a tomboy. =) Her costume was borrowed from her older brother (he is between Hanne-col and Abigail). Which I made for Vision Forum's Reformation 500 last year. Now her hat is mine and the cowgirl boots are Gabrielle's. The rest is all our brother's. This is the pattern I used for the breeches and shirt. It is really easy to use and follow. Highly recommend. 


 
Ashley {Maid Marian in the Nottingham castle [Robin Hood BBC TV Show]}

The bodice of my costume was sewn for Vision Forum's Reformation 500 event last year. While my shirt and skirt were made for their Jamestown 400 event. I'm also wearing a fashion ring, Tudor necklace, and owl earrings. 

Bodice -  McCall's 4696 view E
Shirt - Simplicity 5582 view C
Skirt - Just basic rectangles gathered into a waistband. I used 3 yards. =) 



Gabrielle {Marianne Dashwood} 
 Once again, another sister is borrowing one of my costumes. Good thing we are all close in size - but not in height. =) Gabrielle is wearing my Marianne Dashwood outfit that I made back in 2008 for a trip to Williamsburg, VA.  You can read all the details on this costume here.  She is also wearing a cameo necklace from London. =)

_______________________________________________________

Thank you, Amanda, for hosting this fun event! It was so much fun to play dress up with my sisters. =) 

~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion