Celebrity Photos Fashion

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Anthropologie Inspired Shirt

Anthropologie Inspired Shirt


I love the anthropologie store! The store is full of unique and wonderful clothing, shoes, accessorizes, and home decor. So it is no wonder that my latest sewing project would be inspired from two shirts I found online at their website.

                                          1. Perennial Plot Shirt          2. Providence Top

My shirt has the lace applique on the side (inspired by the Perennial Plot Shirt) and a dramatic hem line (inspired by the Providence Top).


Anthropologie Inspired Shirt


{All About The Shirt}

Bodice of t-shirt - Draped on Lizzy my dressform.

Sleeves - Self drafted

Lace Applique - I tea dyed some leftover lace from the curtains in our house, that Gabrielle and my mom made seven, or eight years ago. Then I cut out each rose and arranged them into a oval onto my shirt. Satin stitched the whole down and then you are done. Easy as pie once you figure it out. =) You know what I discovered? I love tea dying! =) In fact, I want to find out more about natural dyes. Do any of you do dye fabrics using natural resources?

Fabric Used - Brown knit bought in LA. I still have some knit leftover and I'm thinking on making either a shirt to sell on etsy, or a flow-y cardigan for myself. Then again, I could make a shirt for Gabrielle.

Bonus to Making Your Own Skirts - You can fit the shirt to your own body shape. Your long sleeves can be long sleeves on long arms - like mine. =) If you are long-waisted, or short-waisted you can make adjustments for that. No one else will have the same shirt - as you made it yourself.


Anthropologie Inspired Shirt


Anthropologie Inspired Shirt


Anthropologie Inspired Shirt


Anthropologie Inspired Shirt
                                                     Here I am tea dying the white lace. =) 


~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion